Monday, March 3, 2008

T Plus/Minus Zero

Uneventful drive to Big Sky. Roughly 10 hours with a couple gas stops on the way. Wanted to gas up at Costco's along the way and succeeded at that in Coeur d'Alene but wasn't able to find one in Butte (there is one but mapping screwed me up). Listened to various David Sedaris audio books on the way which made the trip go quickly. I am glad that this, the longest leg of my overall trip, is over. Have a bit of a cold but between the natural and the unnatural remedies I brought with me, I won't let it get in the way of slope-time. Apparently they have just had a cold snap and some new snow here for which I am thankful. Forecast to get some more over the next few days for which I am grateful.

In planning this trip, it hit me that I have been thinking about a Winter dedicated to skiing for a few years now. It certainly has worked out. The lesson for me is that when you really want to do something, you just need to figure out how and make it happen. I have spent a lot of time wanting to do things and have let some perceived barrier be in the way of just making a plan and executing it. Inevitably, whenever I set my mind to doing something and I go and start doing it, I wonder what took me so long to get started. I hope that writing this down will help me remember this the next time.

No comments: