Sunday, March 23, 2008

Day Sixteen - Park City, Utah

Alas, all good things must come to an end and it was time for me to come home. Having been on the road for two-and-a-half weeks I missed my own place, my cats and my city. Alan, Josee and I went skiing for a couple of hours mainly to look at the new houses being built slope-side in Deer Valley. A soak in the hot tub, a steam shower and a fresh set of clothes later I was ready for a late afternoon departure to begin the long drive back to Seattle but not before stopping at Robin's office to say goodbye and thank you to her, Kelly and Jim.

My goal was to make it to Boise before stopping for the night. However, fatigue overtook me near Twin Falls and I checked into a hotel where I slept instantly and deeply for nine hours before the alarm woke me.

The following day, Thursday was an uneventful if long drive up through Oregon and Washington to reach Seattle at about 6pm. Along the way I picked up a lovely home-baked apple pie that I shared with Helena and Vanya whom I stopped to visit in Issaquah on the way home. Finally arriving at my own house at 7:30, I grabbed a quick bite and hit the sack. The long, adventurous, satisfying roadtrip was done!

It was a lovely time with just the right amount of solitude, action, adventure, skiing and meet new people. I am very pleased I went. It was 16 days well spent!

No comments: