Sunday, March 23, 2008

Day Thirteen - Park City, Utah

Once again, we convened at Mike's house (the perfect ski-in/ski-out rendezvous in Deer Valley, I must say) and had breakfast and lounged a bit before hitting the slopes. Bettina was on skis as she had been the day before and was kicking all our butts on the slopes. Today it was just she and I and we took the advantage of some new snow and the opportunity to ski some more aggressive terrain - such as there is in Deer Valley. The best part was the black diamond under the Empire Express lift. Steep, open and with some nice powdery moguls. The first time we skied the slightly shallower side of the bowl and it was a lot of fun. In fact it was so much fun we decided to do it again and went for the more challenging steep under the chair. This where I fell and lost a ski in the process. Kind of a mini yard-sale. I tweaked my knee (old medial collateral ligament sprain) and lost my confidence which pretty much ended my day though we did do some easier stuff on the way back to the house. A soak and a shower soon helped me feel better though the knee was and still is a little sore.

It was Sunday evening and unfortunately Bettina had to head back to Seattle so I saw her off at SLC and went back to Deer Valley for a quiet evening meal at Mike's. Dinner was prepared by Alan and Josee that night and it was fun to visit with them, Seanie, her daughter Hailey and Seanie's mom.

No comments: