Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Dancing On the Slopes

My past couple of times on the slopes I have had these moments I characterize as playing or dancing while I am skiing. In these moments, I am in the flow and feel free to move in whatever direction I want, turn however I want and skip down the slope. On Exterminator, a big moguled black diamond at Crystal, this past Saturday I felt exhilarated at being able to pick and choose which bumps to ski and how. It felt like skipping down a set of stones embedded in the hillside. Today I had a similar experience in the powder, floating and flowing down the hill, carving where I want, going faster and slower. I am starting to believe that these moments are what skiing is all about. I want more of them and this trip is about helping me find them.

No comments: