Sunday, March 23, 2008

Day Ten - Park City, Utah

Woke up early and packed the car for the drive to Park City. After a few days of scritchy-scratchy in Jackson Hole I was ready for something different. It was snowing lightly on the drive down and got much heavier as I went on. Almost a blizzard! At one point a truck ahead of me almost fishtailed off the road. Nonetheless, the drive went quickly and I soon found myself in Park City where I went immediately to Robin's office. We moved my ski gear into her car and headed up to Deer Valley where we wanted to ski a couple of hours and meet with some friends for a late dinner. We were fortunate to be able to be able to use Mike's house as a home base. It is a lovely place offering terrific ski-in/ski-out and excellent apres facilities.

Robin, Alan and I did a few runs and met the Hong Kong crew at the Empire Lodge for a nice long apres before dinner. I ended up going to dinner with Robin, Coni and her date a pretty decent sushi place (given how far Park City is from any large fish-bearing body of water). This was the start of what would be six days of partying unlike anything I had done since college.

Deer Valley is a nice if not particularly challenging ski area. Most runs are green or blue with some moderate blacks. Suitable for 'social skiing' or perhaps tailored for those who have already had their ACL surgery.

No comments: