Sunday, March 2, 2008

T Minus One

I am finally ready to start my Winter adventure. Tomorrow morning I will start my almost-three-week ski trip by driving to Big Sky where I will stay for six nights to ski Big Sky and Moonlight Basin. I am excited. What will it be like? Who will I meet? Will the weather be good? Will I be happy? The prospect of spending a lot of time on the road is something I relish. Something about the space and the time for wool gathering really puts the zap on me. Inevitably, I reach some realizations that lead to big positive changes in my life. I don't know what those will be but I am both curious and anxious to find out.

Most of the trip I will be alone but will be visiting a friend in Park City about half-way through my time on the road. I don't mind being alone, generally finding that I don't get enough solo time unless I deliberately build it into my schedule. I also find that when I am by myself I meet the most interesting people, many of whom end up in my extended network of acquaintances with whom I check in every so often.

Never having been much into photo-taking (photography is far too grandiose a term for what I do with a camera), I plan to over-document this trip and share the pictures with whomever cares to view them. Stay tuned to this spot for commentary on the trip as well.

With the price of gasoline, I am planning to make this a Costco event and have charted out their various locations en route to fill up. Besides, you never know when you might need 96 rolls of toilet paper when you're traveling.

No comments: