Sunday, March 9, 2008

Day Six - Jackson Hole, Wyoming

Last night was the annual Dirt Bag Ball in Big Sky with a lot of the festivities held at Buck's T4 where I was staying. It was fun seeing everyone dressed in bizarre outfits and they looked like they were having a great time. Unfortunately, I wasn't feeling so well so I spent the evening writing and watching movies.

This morning it was overcast and about freezing so I decided to skip slope-time and head down to Jackson Hole where I will be for the next several days. After breakfast, I packed up and hit the road. The drive south was beautiful through snow-covered meadows, mountains and the vast open plains of Idaho. Took a little more than three hours, faster than I thought, and I arrived at the Jackson Hole ski area at about 2pm.

I am staying at Terra, an "eco-hotel" in the main village. It is well-appointed and more importantly ski-in. The have an Italian osteria called, well, Osteria where I had a delicious lunch. The white bean soup was terrific and the bread was very authentic (unsalted and the same texture as that I had in Tuscany).

The slopes here look terrific and I can't wait to get out there tomorrow morning.

No comments: