Saturday, February 16, 2008

Ski Bum Tour 2008

On a power-walk the other day I had an idea, "Why not take a few weeks and travel to all the ski resorts I have always wanted to visit but haven't gotten around to yet?" Thus was born "Ski Bum Tour 2008." Starting 3/3 I will be driving from Seattle to Big Sky, then Jackson Hole followed by Park City and Sun Valley, returning to Seattle 3/21. I will spend 4-5 days skiing at each and try to fulfill my goal of becoming an expert skier before the end of this winter. To prepare, I have spent nine days skiing locally and in Tahoe and will be in Whistler for a week as well. My fitness level is better than it has been in years having lost 20-25 lbs since Christmas and spending a lot of time at the gym building my stamina and aerobic capacity.

I will be blogging the trip here and will share what is sure to be an amazing experience.

No comments: