Friday, February 1, 2008

But Wait! It Gets Better

After the musicians finished playing this evening, we got on the plane, pushed back and were told of *another* hour long delay, until 8:42pm. They taxi onto the field and pull up to wait for clearance beside a number of other planes in the same position we were. Mercifully, the crew let us get up, use the rest room and were happy to serve us booze (in 1st class). After a couple of bloody marys I hit the head and notice the cockpit door was open. Feeling a little less inhibited than I might otherwise be, I poked my head in and ask if I could take a look. They not only said yes, they invited me to get my camera and offered to take pictures of me 'flying' the plane (posted in my Facebook album). How cool is that? I felt like a 12 year old. Man, Vanya is going to be so jealous. This and some great conversations with my seat-mate (former college football player, and food and wine connoisseur) and a shared taxi ride into the city with two lovely, attractive (and attached) ladies made the whole trip feel like a grand adventure. Even though I arrived almost eight hours later than originally planed I had some terrific adventures and experiences along the way. I wouldn't trade this for anything.

No comments: