Saturday, January 19, 2008

To Go To Tahoe

Imagine my surprise, when out of the blue the other day, my old-old-old friend Jeff Crowe messaged me asking if I wanted to go skiing and stay at his place in Tahoe. Jeff and I go way back. Way, way, way back. To 11th grade at Herndon High School. He kindly befriended a somewhat awkward sixteen year-old kid who had just moved back from England after eight years and was trying to adjust to life as a junior at an American high school. Jeff is one of the most big-hearted and gregarious people I know. I have many fond memories of skipping out of school at lunch time to smoke and get food at a nearby strip mall (not allowed at the time). I even remember the time we were pulled over by the cops leaving the school with license plates that were three months expired and getting off with a warning.

We lost touch for many years mainly as the result me starting to date someone he had dated just prior (a poorly-thought-out act on my part I will admit). Happily, after several years Angela, Jeff and I are still in touch.

I am exited to catch up with Jeff and meet his new wife next week in Tahoe. A lot has happened in the last 20 years so I am sure there will be plenty to share.

No comments: