Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Alpine Meadows

Today we skied Alpine Meadows, on the north end of Lake Tahoe. Was a terrific day. A little overcast but pretty good visibility. I was still struggling earlier in the day until Bettina told me that I was poling opposite to how I should. I have no idea how that happened. As soon as I corrected it was an entirely new game and my form and enjoyment improved ten-fold. Alpine Meadows has some good, varied terrain with a fresh coat of powder to make some of the runs more challenging. Today, I skied in more powder than I have cumulatively in my life I think (slight exaggeration perhaps but I was always afraid of powder but today I started to really get how to keep on top of things despite sailing through a foot of the stuff). All-in-all, a really terrific day. Tomorrow more new powder is forecast and we are looking to spend the day in Squaw Valley which should be a hoot.

No comments: